Marcelo Levitinas has been practicing litigation since 1998 as a part of the litigation team at one of the most renowned Brazilian law firms, where he became a partner in 2008.
Levitinas has extensive experience in litigation and arbitration, representing clients in financial market sector, EPC agreements, environmental real-estate, mining and corporate litigation, advising banks, shipping companies, shipyards, investment funds, pension funds, construction, pharmaceutical, oil and gas, mining and steel companies, IT companies.
The following cases stand out from Levitinas experience in arbitration:
- Multinational IT Company against the Public Administration, aiming at the economic-financial rebalancing of software development and support services agreements.
- Dispute over turn-key contract to provide innovative air pollution prevention equipment for mining plant and port.
- Dispute between international forestry fund and the seller of timber assets.
- Multinational mining company in a dispute against contractor concerning the construction of aluminum plant.
- Multinational company in the field of child safety and sports equipment due to violation of non-compete clause.
- Dispute between railroad and international supplier of rails over the quality of the steal.
- Multinational mining company in dispute against contractor concerning the construction of nickel plant.
- Disputes between mining companies involving mining rights purchase options.
- Company in dispute with its former subsidiary due to representations and warranties of its IPO.
- Multinational fertilizer company in conflict with drilling companies contracted for mining services.
- Company in conflict with coal suppliers for blast furnaces, due to violation of compliance rules on slave and child labor.
- Mediation between a mining multinational and a contractor due to the construction of an industrial complex (mine, port, railroad, highway and airport).
- Corporate dispute among minority and controlling shareholders, due to the breach of the Shareholders Agreement’s provisions.
- Mediation between railroad company and company hired to operate its water and efluent treatment plants.
- Dispute involving a large-scale power supply agreement among a power distribution company and an urban infrastructure player, arising out of the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemics on the agreement’s economics.
- Análise 500:
- amongst The Most Admired in Arbitration (2018 and 2020)
- amongst The Most Admired in Private Law (2020)
- amongst The Most Admired in Rio de Janeiro (2018 and 2020)
- amongst The Most Admired in the Steel and Mining Industries (2020)
- amongst The Most Admired in the Transportation and Logiscitc Industries (2020)
- Best Lawyers: Litigation (2021)
- Leaders League: Civil and Commercial Litigation (Recommended – 2020, 2021)