Graça Couto Advogados provides comprehensive tax advice, assisting clients in a wide variety of matters, from tax routine issues to full support in complex transactions.
The combination of solid professional experience and in-depth understanding of our client’s business enables us to provide them with a technical and practical approach. Our advice offers thoughtful and sophisticated solutions to critical strategic tax matters.
Graça Couto Advogados covers several Tax Law areas, including the following:
- Tax advice on both direct and indirect taxes, at Federal, State and Municipal levels;
- Tax aspects of corporate reorganizations, spin-offs, joint ventures, financing and corporate restructuring;
- Tax strategies for both domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions (M&A);
- Business restructuring focused on tax efficiency (strategies to avoid tax credits trap and burdensome anticipation regimes – “substituição tributária” – , supply chain strategies etc.);
- Foreign investments in Brazil, including the analysis of funding structures, alternatives for profit distribution and exit strategies;
- Tax advice on infrastructure projects;
- Advise on tax incentives, benefits and special tax regimes;
- Customs duties and customs regulations;
- International taxation (double tax treaties, transfer price, CFC rules etc.);
- Real Estate transactions;
- Wealth planning; and
- Administrative tax proceedings before several courts.
The partner who heads Graça Couto Advogados’ Tax Practice has valuable expertise in Real Estate transactions. In close collaboration with the Firm’s Real Estate, Urban Law and Corporate teams, we offer our clients highly specialized advice and innovative solutions in structuring real estate projects, drafting and negotiation of construction agreements and other related contracts.