LanguagesPortuguese and English
Practice AreasArbitration | Litigation
Specialist in Civil-Constitutional Law at Rio de Janeiro State University Rio de Janeiro, 2007.
B.A. in Law at Rio de Janeiro Federal University, 2005.
Alexandre Abby has an extensive Litigation and Arbitration practice, with over 14 years´ experience as member of the Litigation team at one of the most renowned Brazilian law firms of which he became partner in 2010. He has led large-scale national and international civil, corporate, social-security and environmental lawsuits in the administrative and judicial areas.
With advanced studies in Civil-Constitutional Law, he held the position of undergraduate professor at Rio de Janeiro Federal University (UFRJ) and of graduate professor at Cândido Mendes University. He is currently a guest professor at the Getúlio Vargas Foundation Rio de Janeiro (LL.M. Litigation) in the areas of Litigation, Arbitration, Contracts and Real-Estate. He has also developed, structured and given several in-company courses and lectures.
Alexandre is a member of the Environmental, Real-Estate and Social Security Committees of the Brazilian Order of Lawyers, Rio de Janeiro, and has been, since 2009, Rapporteur of the Sub-Committee of New Lawyers at the Studies Center of the Societies of Lawyers (“CESA”). He was a member of the Sub-Committee of the Judiciary at the Studies Center of the Societies of Lawyers (“CESA”) from 2008 to 2016 and is currently a member of the Panel of Arbitrators at the Chamber of Arbitration and Mediation (ARBIM)
- Análise 500:
- amongst The Most Admired in Environmental (2019)
- amongst The Most Admired in Private Law (2020)
- amongst The Most Admired in Real Estate (2020)
- amongst The Most Admired in the Power Industry (2020)
- amongst The Most Admired in the Finance Industry (2020)
- amongst The Most Admired in Rio de Janeiro (2019 and 2020)
- Leaders League: Civil and Commercial Litigation (Recommended – 2020, 2021) | Environmental (Leading – 2021)